Friday, July 29, 2011

Another Overdue Update

This time a quick update featuring patterns designed by StitchyMama.  Kath has released a few patterns and I hear she has even more in the pipeline which I’m looking forward to.

bolero01

The first knit, which I was lucky enough to get to test knit is the Blossom Bolero.  The bolero is designed especially to go over summer dresses and has a range of different cuff and edging choices so you can make a unique bolero every time.  This one below has long sleeves and a lace hem.

bolero05

Other options include a plain garter stitch edge, picot cast off, ruffles and 4 different sleeve options.   I will admit that I was a bit worried about knitting this at first when I learnt that the edging had to be picked up after knitting the body, but it really isn’t as hard as I first thought.

blossom04

Again, like most of the patterns I like, this pattern comes in a wide range of sizes from 0-3m to sz 10.  You can buy the baby/toddler sizes and the child sizes separately or buy all sizes as an e-book, I highly recommend this pattern and its another pattern that I find great value for money.

bb02

Another pattern I’m quite fond of by Kath is the pinwheel beanie pattern.   I’ve knit this one quite a lot and am currently knitting up a few more at the moment for friends.

tealbeanie2T1

You can knit this one up in any size imaginable because as well as pre-set sizes it has instructions to custom make to any size head. This has to be one of my favourite hat patterns, and is definitely the first one I turn too when someone needs a hat. 

tealbeanie131

No comments:

Post a Comment