Saturday, January 30, 2010

Two Little Dickie Birds

Two little dickie birds,
Sitting on a wall;
One named Peter,
The other named Paul.
Fly away Peter!
Fly away Paul!
Come Back Peter!
Come Back Paul

DSCF1734 - resized

Normally I don’t knit toys – the whole sewing up seams and sewing on limbs etc completely puts me off, but when I needed a quick gift for Zoes friend I found this pattern - Sweet Little Bird, I decided to give it a whirl.  And “Little Birdie” was born.

DSCF1721 - resized

When Morgan saw him, she informed me “knit red birdie moo” so he was soon followed by “Big Red” (seen below trying to find worms for his lunch)

DSCF1738 - resized

They only took a few hours to knit up (even with a very persistent toddler trying to help some of the time) and used of some of my scraps.  The purple one weighs 17gms (including stuffing) and the red one (wool held double stranded) uses 41gms wool, although he doesn’t have a tail as I ran out of wool.

I’ll definitely be knitting some more of these in the near future.  And at least one more in the very near future, Zoe has put in a request for a nice colourful birdie.

DSCF1741 - resized

No comments:

Post a Comment