Thursday, February 10, 2011

Well Overdue – Part 1, Hats

It’s been so long since I last updated that everyone has probably forgotten who I am :P  To save you having to read numerous posts about each individual knits I’ve done lately, I’ll squeeze them into a few categories and pop up a few posts over the next few days :)  In no particular order, we have hats!

First up, I test-knit this gorgeous beret for a friend of mine.  It’s called the Dolce Beret and was designed by the lovely Sheryl Greenfield.  It’s available in a few sizes from toddler to adult.  The red one pictured below is a sz medium and fits both my 3yo and 7yo.

beret1

This was my first real go at lace other than the odd lace borders on bigger garments,  I found the pattern easy to read and understand, I recommend it for anyone who wants a stylish hat perfect for the cooler seasons.

beret7

The next hat was also a test-knit, the Hoo Hat is another quick and easy hat with the option of either one single owl cable or a whole band of them.

hoohat6
Designed by Celia Ng, this hat is available in sizes from baby to adult so you can knit one for everyone in the family.

hoohat2

And last but not least, we have a few pinwheel beanies which are still one of my favourite hat patterns,  so quick and easy once you get going, it’s a must have pattern for everybody.  I won’t bore you with all of them, just a couple of my favourites

Modified Beanie with no eyelets and a knitted flower sewn on top.DSCF2702 uto - resized 
Another modified beanie in teeny size for my newborn (at the time) niece
jessica

Right, enough for now – would rather no-one fell asleep on me :P

No comments:

Post a Comment